Wednesday, January 2, 2008

#1 The Gourdmother

#1
The Gourdmother
Maggie Bruce
2005
258
Cozy Mystery
2.5 out of 5
TBR
This one didn't capture me. My mind kept wandering and I had to force myself to finish.Tom Ford couldn’t make his payment to Lili Marino for a writing job she had done for him so she agreed to take his cottage in Walden Corners, N.Y. as payment. What does Lili know about country living? Very little, but she knows even less about solving the murder of Coach Johnson who she finds floating in a pond during the first day of hunting season. Coach’s family, wife Nora and son Scooter, were the first family to accept Lili into their small town so she feels that she owes them. Unprepared for the rivalries and animosity in a small town Lili is quickly in over her head in trying to solve this murder, but thankfully she has her gourd art to keep her centered.In this debut novel Bruce tries too hard to add too much to the plot; it would have been much better if she simplified and reduced the number of characters. I don’t think I will continue with the author.
Amazon Review:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0425206610/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

No comments: