Saturday, October 4, 2014

Rooms

Title: Rooms
Author: Lauren Oliver
Published: September 23rd 2014 by Ecco
Format: Hardcover; Pgs 320
Genre: Ghost Story


I tried, but I could not make it more than half way through this book. I lost track of who was talking, I really could not care one way or another about what was going on. This book was too meandering with no end in sight.

Ever since, Before I Fall, I have been searching for a Lauren Oliver book that I liked. I have gone through the Delirium series and Panic, in hopes that something would bring me back to the feeling that I had had for the first book, but that was not to be.

Told in the perspective of two ghosts, the reader learns of the Walker family after the patriarch Richard Walker dies and his ex-wife and children return.

Having made it through 150 pages, I cannot tell you anymore of this book, because either it had not yet been revealed or there was just nothing to tell. I kept waiting for that spark but it never arrived so it was time to move along.

No comments: