Thursday, May 24, 2012

Review - Slow Cooker Recipes for 2, 4 or More

Title:Slow Cooker Recipes for 2, 4 or More
Authors: Better Homes and Gardens
Publisher: Wiley (September 2, 2008)
Format: Hardcover
Genre: Cookbook
Source: Library

I need to invest in a new crockpot. I had purchased the 4qt size, but have come to find out, for the smaller serving sizes that are offered in this book, I need a 1 ½ to 2qrt size. I had no idea that the size of the crockpot affects the overall outcome - good to know, learned something new.

I still enjoy a cookbook with pictures and there are a few here. Not every recipe gives you a visual, but the pictures that are shown, are very tantalizing and give you confidence when approaching slow cooking for the first time.

Regardless of what other cooks say, for me, the crockpot is for soups and stews with an occasional casserole type meal thrown in. What I need is basic, easy ingredients with cook times that will cover a normal workday. Unlike the previous cookbook that I reviewed, this recipe book does that.

I am not looking for gourmet food done in a crockpot, I am looking for home cooked meals that fit into my day and this book offers just that. This book is a good starting point for and individual or small family to enjoy the luxury of fix and forget food.

No comments: