Tuesday, May 1, 2012

First Chapter First Paragraph - The Prophet

Title: The Prophet
Author: Amanda Stevens
Publisher: Mira (April 24, 2012)
Format: eBook
Genre: Paranormal
Source: Amazon Digital
Series: Graveyard Queen #3


Hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea





Preface

My name is Amelia Gray.

I am the Graveyard queen, a cemetery restorer who sees ghosts. My father passed down four rules to keep me safe and I’ve broken every last one. A door has opened and evil wants me back.

In order to protect myself, I’ve vowed to return to those rules. But the ghost of a murdered cop needs my help to find his killer. The clues lead me to the dark side of Charleston – where witchcraft, root doctors and black magic still flourish – and back to John Devlin, a haunted police detective I should only love from afar.


Chapter 1

Something had been following me for days. Whether it was human, ghost or an in-between – like me– I had no idea. I’d never caught more than a glimpse out of the corner of my eye. No more than a flicker of light or a fleeting shadow. But it was there even now, in my periphery. A darkness that kept pace. Turning when I turned. Slowing when I slowed.

2 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Creepy intro:) I don't read paranormal but hope you enjoy this one.

Nise' said...

I want to get started on this series, it has such good reviews.