Thursday, December 2, 2010

Until Proven Guilty

Until Proven Guilty

JA Jance

2 out of 5

I really wanted to like this series, since I enjoy the Allison Reynolds series so much, but that was not the case. Homicide Detective J.P. Beaumont of the Seattle Police Department comes across as too gruff and too much of the typical stereotype cop that you see every night on television.

When a five year old child is found dead and the mother is caught up in a fundamentalist cult you know that there is not going to be a happy ending. Plus, a well seasoned cop suddenly falling for a stranger and unexplainably dreams of their life together just doesn’t blend well for me. This story was just too choppy and all over the place.

I am glad that I had found the Reynolds series first or I would have just totally given up on this author. Different strokes I guess, but I will not be finding myself looking for anymore J.P. Beaumont.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bummer! So sad you didn't like this one. This authors Beaumont series and Brady series are favorites of mine. The Reynolds series is good..but I don't like it as much as this one or the Brady series. Have you tried her Brady series? You might end up liking that series better than this one.