Saturday, April 10, 2010

My New Toy



First you have to understand that I am not a gadget girl. If something is more complicated than a microwave or ATM machine I am done in.

So when my ORIGINAL 4 gb pink mini decided that it could no longer hold a charge for more then 10 minutes it was time to breakdown and forge my way into a 7th generation model. My how time flies.

Going from 4 gigs to 160 gigs seems a bit of overkill, but why not, you only live once every five years. It's larger, a little heavier, but hey, I'm splurging. It might be a rather uninspiring black, but it's a classic. I also splurged on a cool leather case.

Thank God I have teenagers, thought I would never say those words in a sentence, but they are completely fearless when it comes to technology. "Just plug it in Mom, what could go wrong"? Just push that buttons, come on what are you afraid of? Really? The young are so uninformed. Does anyone remember the movie War Games where the push of a button started a nuclear war?

So I have loaded everything that I have here, books mostly, and guess what? I still have something like 140 gig to go. Off to the library site to find more books, maybe some music cd's - gee just about anything I want.

This could be fun.

3 comments:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

Oh Nancy, this does look like something you will have loads of fun with. I have a 80gb and it's not close to full...LOL

Unknown said...

haha! You just described every conversation I have with my Mom regarding her pc, her cell phone etc. Since I support PC's for a living, I always have the response of: just try it, you can't break it too much and if you do, I'll fix it.

Enjoy your new toy!

stepfordmomto2@yahoo.com said...

Kris, I don't know your mom, but I swear we would be BFF's.