Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday at the Movies



I have a very broad defination of "at the movies" and will include anything in the theater, Netflix or movie channels.



Coraline

Dakota Fanning ... Coraline Jones
Teri Hatcher ... Mel Jones / Other Mother / Beldam
Keith David ... The Cat
John Hodgman … Charlie Jones / Other Father

Summary:
An adventurous girl finds another world that is a strangely idealized version of her frustrating home, but it has sinister secrets.

Opinion:
I don’t know why my daughter dislikes this movie so much, but I just adore it. Dakota’s voice is perfect for the character and it took me half way though the movie to realize why Mel’s voice was so familiar.

Is it creepy, yes and I’m not too sure that it would work for younger children, but if you like a little eerie with your animation Neil Gaiman and Henry Selik put out a great movie.

No comments: