Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Prime Cut

Title: Prime Cut
Author: Diane Mott Davidson
Published: September 1st 1998 by Bantam Books (Hardcover)
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 384 pages
Genre: Mystery
Series: Goldy Bear Culinary Mystery #8

Well this book finally did it; I am officially done with Goldy.

Three hundred and forty eight pages have never been so monotonous and redundant before. Her last couples of books were leading up to this moment and left me teetering but Prime Cut pushed me over the edge.

Yada yada yada Goldy’s business is in trouble due to a new rival that will do anything to undercut her. Yada yada the contractor that Goldy hired for her kitchen remodel, that has taken advantage of every other person that he has worked for, seems to have skipped town but then his body is found hanging. The sudden death of Goldy’s mentor, and fellow chef, and a break in at a museum with only cookbooks missing that hold a clue to an old legend could not hold this book together for me.

This book was so long-winded and awful that I am sure that my brain skipped a bit and to be quite honest I do not know why I bothered to finish.

No comments: