Wednesday, July 23, 2014

NYPD Red 2

Title: NYPD Red 2
Author: James Patterson and Marshall Karp
Publisher: March 24th 2014 by Little, Brown and Company
Format: Hardcover, 392 pages
Genre: Suspense
Series: NYPD Red #1

Now there was a twist that I did not see coming. Mentally checking in and out as I usually do during my summer reads with James Patterson, somehow I missed, or he did not obviously point it out, whom the gentlemen really were. I was mindlessly floating along, thinking that this was a nice book to grab while my toes were being pampered then wham – I had to go back and reread a section or two thinking that I had missed something.

Nope, Misters Patterson and Karp laid a landmine and I mindless stepping onto it. Good job.

Vigilantes are running amok in New York City brutally killing newly released offenders. Feeling that the NYPD and DA’s offices are not doing their job, the Hazmat killers take it upon themselves to avenge the deaths of the innocent. Once abducted, the offenders are forced to confess on tape as to their true roles in their crimes, before the Hazmat team exacts their own justice.

Zach Jordan and Kylie MacDonald reprise their roles, as NYPD Red detectives, in an elite force designed especially to protect New York City’s rich and famous. Called in by the mayor, they are searching for the Hazmat killers before the next target shows up in a Tyvek suit. Combining both personal and professional attachments, there is as much going on behind the scenes as what is being played out publicly.

I like where the authors are going with this series. The players are interesting, the crimes are brutal, and the twists are unexpected.

No comments: