Sunday, June 16, 2013

Review - Rage Against the Dying

Title: Rage Against the Dying
Author: Becky Masterman
Publisher: Minotaur Books (March 12, 2013)
Format: Advance Readers’ Edition; Pgs 307
Genre: Suspense
Source: Amazon Vine

Unfortunately, I only made it to page 105 before I completely gave up on this book. For me, the writing came across as superficial and lacking. The main character, Brigid Quinn a retired FBI agent currently living in the shadow of the Catalina Mountains offered no depth and I was not drawn to her.

Fifty nine year old Bridget has been in a couple of rough spots in her life, but the day she went rock hunting and ending up bound in the back of a sexual predators van seemed to have ranked pretty high. She should have been more aware considering the fact that she had to kill him and hide the body. More importantly, why was this person after her and how is she going to tell her husband.

Add in the fact that she has also been called in to help with a cold case and Bridget’s life is getting more and more complicated.

That is where I stopped reading. You would think that the intrigue would sustain the plotline, but it was dry and for me boring.

Others have had a better feel for this book, but for me something was lacking and it was time to put it down and move on.

No comments: