Tuesday, June 18, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday - Father Knows Death

Title: Father Knows Death
Author: Jeffrey Allen
Publisher: Kensington (June 4, 2013)
Format: Paperback; Pgs 272
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Source: Library
Series: Deuce Winters #3



Hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea



Chapter 1

George Spellman’s lifeless face gazed at me amid the packages of frozen bratwursts. I stared at him for a moment and then closed the freezer door. Not because I was shocked or horrified at finding a dead body. I closed it because I realized I wasn’t fazed by finding a dead man stuffed inside a freezer. I wondered if I should just stop opening things.


Overview

It isn't that stay-at-home dad Deuce Winters wants to be his small town's unofficial sleuth. Between caring for his peppy five year-old-daughter Carly and helping to keep his ten-months-pregnant wife Julianne sane, he's certainly got his hands full. But, well, trouble does seem to find him. . .

That's why Duece is only mildly surprised to find a body among the frozen burgers and bratwurst at the Rose Petal fair's concession stand. And it seems the defrosting deceased was last seen arguing passionately with one of the fair's board members. But there may be more--a lot more--to the mystery, and tracking down the dangerous truth may be too much for even the most determined dad!

No comments: