Saturday, March 16, 2013

Review - Wherever You Are

Title: Wherever You Are: My Love Will Find You
Author and Illustrator: Nanct Tillman
Publisher: Feiwel and Friends (September 14, 2010)
Format: Hardcover; Pgs 32
Genre: Children’s
Source: Library
Ages: 4 and up

Do not read this book in public, if you are like me, you will turn into a weepy mess. For some unexplained reason now that my youngest is heading off to college, I am drawn to children’s books and the memories that we shared in reading them.

The beautiful cover of Wherever You Are drew me in – it is magical as are all the illustrations. I had no idea that the book was a poem from a parent to a child on how much they are loved and the dreams that we have for them as they venture into the world.

Very reminiscent of Robert Munsch and Sheila McGraw’s Love You Forever, this book brought up some many wonderful memories for me.

This book is a shelf keeper. You will find yourself reading it and weeping over it for years to come.

No comments: