Friday, March 8, 2013

Review - Meet Me At Emotional Baggage Claim

Title: Meet me at Emotional Baggage Claim
Author: Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella
Publisher: Macmillan Audio; Unabridged edition (November 13, 2012)
Format: Unabridged Audio
Genre: Non Fiction
Source: Library
Series: Chick Wit Column #4

I enjoy listening to the audio versions of Lisa and Francesca's Chick Wit column. There are so many times that I can relate moments of their lives to the interactions that my daughter and I have had. I no longer have a Mother Mary in my life and never did have a Brother Frank, but I too can remember the exchanges between my mother and me and wonder how either of us had survived.

I was playing the audio version during a college tour trip with my daughter and from time to time, I could see a little smirk out of her and wondered exactly what “lesson” I was supposed to learn. Other times, there would be no reactions and I wondered if she was really listening.

After we returned home, she walked by and there was a distinct aroma coming from her, I gave her the mother look and her response was “do you see a boy in the room”? At which point we had a very long laugh. You may have to listen to the audio or read the book to understand what I am referring to, but your first impression is probably right. She was listening to what was coming through the speakers. This is my proof that even when she appears to not be listening, she hears everything.

So, thank you, Lisa and Francesca for a great mother daughter memory.

No comments: