Friday, June 24, 2011

Crashers

Crashers
Dana Haynes

I am sure that a person with a professional understand of aeronautical investigations will see this book differently than I did, but what I can tell you is that Dana Haynes has written a book that has kept me engaged from beginning to end.

The National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is called out to investigate the crash of a Vermeer passenger jet that had gone down minutes after leaving the Portland International Airport.

Each member of the Go-Team “Crashers” has their own individual specialty all lead by Leonard Tomzak, a man who in the past failed to find a cause for a crash leaving his team and superiors wondering as to his ability to lead any further investigation.

As two storylines come together, you see the crash team struggle with the facts and each other until an undeniable truth reveals itself. Will the crashers be able to save the next flight before an unknown terrorist strikes again? What if it is a homegrown terrorist – is America read for this again?

This is a compelling read. Would not do it if I was planning any air travel in the near future, but with your feet firmly on the ground, it is a gripping narrative from beginning to end.

4 comments:

KarenJoan said...

Sounds like a great read. I must put it on the (never-ending) list. Thanks, Nancy.

Ann Summerville said...

Thanks for the review.
Ann

Anonymous said...

If I were to read this, I'd never board another plane. Great review!

Anonymous said...

If I were to read this, I'd never board another plane. Great review!