Thursday, March 24, 2011

Bumped

I tried, I really did, but from the beginning, this book did not take off for me. The concept is great, but the delivery lacked the spark that would make me want to reach for it and continue to read.

When books are compared to Atwood or Westerfeld, that is a very tall order and when it misses the mark, that leave the reader with a bad taste in their mouth for this genre. But do not give up; there are very good books out there in the YA Dystopian Genre. Spend some time looking around and see the other books that have been recommended within these reviews.

As an overview:

“When a virus makes everyone over the age of eighteen infertile, would-be parents are forced to pay teen girls to conceive and give birth to their children, making teens the most prized members of society.”


This book seemed to have started somewhere in the middle and I felt that I was playing catch up the whole time. Just not the right fit for me at this time. I will hand it off to a teen and maybe they will see it from a different perspective that I just did not get.

No comments: