Friday, March 18, 2011

Agatha Rasin and the Love From Hell

Agatha keeps pulling me back; I cannot say that each book is better than the last, because that is not always the case, but I find myself wanting to be Agatha’s cheerleader.

She constantly makes bad choices, but I am not sure that she does it intentionally. She seems to be that person who always fails at doing the right thing. For instance, the in ink is barely dry on her marriage certificate to James Lacey when already the marriage is over. Agatha is just too independent to be married to the demanding James, so when their small community witnesses a very public argument and then James turns up missing with blood on his front doorstep, Agatha is most assuredly the prime suspect. Nevertheless, there is more to this story since James himself seems to have a wandering eye and the town knows about that too.

Now it is up to Agatha to find James, prove her innocence, prove that James did not murder the trollop that he was rumored to have been having a not so clandestine affair with and tie it all up in a neat bow so she can move on with her life.
I know it sounds like just another day in Agatha’s life, but somehow this book is just a little bit different. Agatha comes across as bit more human, a bit less assured and possibly a bit more likeable, even if she does have hard cruel bearlike eyes.

As I have said before, you really do have to begin these books at the beginning to get the full Agatha affect. Some are better than others; some leave you wondering what goes on in Agatha’s mind, but in the end, she is an endearing character that makes you wonder what she could get up to next.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have favorite characters that keep drawing me back, whether the book is good or not. Well don, Nancy.