Sunday, November 21, 2010

Rapidly Changing Life

After 26 years of marriage, I am now finding myself in the middle of a divorce and moving into my own apartment. My daughter and I will be moving across town, closer to school and work and starting a new life for ourselves. My son will be staying with his father until he leaves for the Air Force in a year. Though I thought that this was going to be a major trauma, I think it is what is best for now.

So, how does one go from a 2,400 square foot house to a 650 square foot apartment? You first start by donating 400 books to your local library and thrift store. This is no simple task. I have been working on it for a couple of weeks now and both locations are asking for no more book donations. Still have a couple of boxes here and nowhere to take them. Will have to go on covert operations and leave them by their door early in the morning so that way they cannot say no. Still have lots of other stuff to drop off, so maybe if I add a box at a time, they won't complain too much.

Next on to every cupboard and drawer. It is amazing the amount of stuff that you accumulate. Thankfully, my soon to be ex-husband is keeping the house, for now, so I can slowly move all of our necessary stuff in steps.


We will be fully moved in right before Christmas, not a great time to move, but that is the best that I can do. That is what I have to remember, this may not be great, but it is the best that I can do.

So that is a short explanation as to why there have not been any reviews in a while. I am still reading, but the idea of actually sitting down and writing the reviews is beyond me right now. Everyday is not a positive state of mind, just working through the stages one day at a time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So sorry to hear about your divorce! It's never easy, even if it does seem like the right thing to do (been there...done that).

Sorry to hear you have to part with your books too, I collect mine and I know how hard it would be for me to go through a divorce and have to give up my books too.

Hugs! Hang in there..things have a way of working out for themselves.

Teddy Rose said...

So sorry to hear about your divorce. I know it's hard moving into an apartment after living in such a big house. It sound like it is a pretty amicable divorce, since you can leave some things at the house for latter. I hope so.