Saturday, November 27, 2010

Brother Odd

Brother Odd

Dean Koontz

4 out of 5

Considering how the prior book, Forever Odd, ended I was under the belief that Brother Odd would have centered more on the Elvis character, unfortunately, that was not the case. Once I got over my disillusionment, I found that I rather enjoyed this book. Actually, I’m really enjoying the whole series.

Needing a break from Pico Mundo, and the place that holds so many memories of Stormy, Odd heads to the solitude of an isolated mountain monastery, but peace is not what he finds there. Lurking around the corners are supernatural beings, a quirky Russian and not to mention a rather reclusive mad scientist. With humor that is all Koontz, the reader not only finds himself entertained, but from time to time laughing out loud.

Koontz’s writing is never lollipops and rainbows, but he does bring humor and scientific wonder that has the reader wondering what is actually going on the writers head.

Odd, to say the least is an interesting character and I do hope the Koontz can keep up the pace with this series. From time to time he has let me down, going too far afield with is imaginings, but this time and this series, he seems to have the right tone and feel.

No comments: