Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Amazing Gracie

Amazing Gracie

Sherryl Woods

5 out of 5

I am not usually a fan of girlie romance types of books, but sometimes the right book lands in your lap and you are really glad that you read it.

Gracie McDougall is looking for something and it's definite not running a small luxury hotel in France, though she loves her job, she is looking for something that is missing and her mind keeps wandering to the small town of Seagull Point, Virginia. This town holds old memories for her, but she doesn't know if it's enough to keep her there until she stumbles upon a rundown Victorian that is just calling for her to turn into a Bed and Breakfast. That is if the difficult property manager would just listen to her plans.

Kevin Daniels has no desire to let some upstart come into his town and try and turn his family home into one of those dreadful tourist traps. He has no desire to listen to her plans and definitely does not want his aunt anywhere near this beautiful charming woman.

Well, as all romances lead in the same direction, there is certainly an attraction between the two and who knows what can happen with you mix business with pleasure.

Sherryl Woods weaves a very entertaining story, mixing enough of the main plot with just the right amount of subplot to keep the reader involved in all the storylines. It is disappointing that this book wasn't the beginning of a series, I really think that Ms Woods was on to something really good. Maybe someday, but for now, this stand alone will remain one of my favorites books this year.

2 comments:

Yolanda said...

I might have to try this one. I usually am not a fan either of these type books.

Unknown said...

I'm glad to hear you like this one. I picked up some of this author's books at one of the used book fairs but haven't read them yet. They aren't my normal reads, yet sometimes it's the best type of book for me. one of your favorites for the year? Yup..I gotta try this one.