Monday, March 28, 2022

Follow the Money

Title: Follow the Money
Author: Matthew Costello, Neil Richards
Published: September 21st 2015 by Bastei Entertainment
Format: Audio, Kindle,113 pages
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Series: Cherringham #20

First Sentence: Claire Goodman looked over at her husband, Terry -- and wished she could give him a quick nudge under the table.

Blurb: Claire and Terry Goodman seem to have everything. Successful business. Son at Oxford. New mansion right on the River Thames. And seemingly - plenty of money to spend. But when Jack and Sarah are asked to investigate an odd robbery at their home, secrets start to emerge. And as the truth is revealed, for someone it will be too much to bear, and murder may be the only way out.

My Opinion: I liked the pace of this short story and how, for me, it was not obvious from the beginning. Without a doubt, Jack and Sarah have proven they are not only a good team but also the best of friends. I did find that I was confusing characters, but by the end, I completely understood where the writing team was going and for once, I did not get there first.

As I always say, this is the perfect series for when you don’t want to jump into a book but want a short lite mystery to carry you over until you are ready for something more.

No comments: