Monday, September 16, 2013

Review - South Beach Diet Gluten Solution

Title: The South Beach Diet Gluten Solution: The Delicious, Doctor-Designed, Gluten-Aware Plan for Losing Weight and Feeling Great--Fast
Author: Arthur Agatston and Natalie Geary
Publisher: Rodale Books (April 2, 2013)
Format: Hardcover; Pgs 272
Genre: Healthcare and Cookbook
Source: Library

Recently I have been experiences some strange reactions to food so when I came across this book I began to wonder if there really was anything to the whole gluten sensitivity thing.

The beginning of this book is very fascinating, explaining how gluten reacts with some sensitive people and how just cutting back you can begin to notice some real changes in your mind and body. Not all people are affected by gluten but those that are can experience some life changing reactions.

Lists of foods that can be eaten in both phase one and phase two of the eating plan are provided with easy to follow meal suggestions. Not all lunch plans are portable, so if you are like me and bring your lunch to work you will have to rethink a couple suggestions.

There is a helpful section on dining out and traveling. The book ends with recipes and a resource and bibliography section.

I am not completely sure that gluten is my personal issue, but looking at ingredient lists now, it is surprising to me where gluten based items can be found. I am not going to jump on the gluten bandwagon just yet, but it does open your eyes to possibilities and solutions.

No comments: