Wednesday, July 17, 2013

First Chapter First Paragraph - Deadly Forecast

Title: Deadly Forecast
Author: Victoria Laurie
Publisher: NAL Hardcover (July 2, 2013))
Format: Hardcover; Pgs 384
Genre: Paranormal Mystery
Source: Library
Series:Psychic Eye Mystery #11



Hosted by Diane at Bibliophile by the Sea




Chapter 1

The first thing I noticed after regaining consciousness was a splitting headache and how uncomfortable I was. My head throbbed, but more than that, my body felt wrapped in iron. With effort I tried to sit up, and so many realizations sprinted into my brain that it made the ache in my head even worse.

The ensuing dump of adrenaline quashed much of the headache, but I was hardly relieved. My fingers found the metal cage wrapped around my torso, and also the wires poking out from a device centered over my heart.


Overview

It's said to be good luck if it rains on your wedding day, but Abby sees something darker than storm clouds on the horizon. She’s just had a disturbing premonition of her fiancĂ©’s murder. Her husband-to-be has been assigned to a case involving a series of suicide bombings, and Abby’s spirit guides warn her of imminent danger.

FBI agent Dutch Rivers is keeping his cool, but Abby can’t quell her anxiety. After another suicide bombing at a local beauty salon, Abby vows to do everything in her power to keep Dutch safe and get him to the altar. But on the morning of the ceremony, she finds herself in a dire situation with time running out…

1 comment:

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I need to read a few cozies now and then - this one sounds fun Nancy. Thanks for joining in.

Hope you have been doing well.