Monday, August 22, 2011

The Walk


The Walk

Richard Paul Evans


This is the second time that I have read this book and I did not realize it until I was half way through and the little light bulb in my brain started to flicker. Sometimes I truly wonder what is going on up there.

Alan Christoffersen seems to have the perfect life. The perfect job. The perfect car. The perfect wife. That is until one day when his world comes crashing down around him and one by one they all go away. All that Alan is left with is himself and his journal. So, what does a grown man do? He goes for a walk. Not just any stroll, but from Seattle to Key West, Florida. That is the plan until that too is interrupted.

Now I understand why I did not remember this story. This is only the first book in the series; my brain could not remember an ending because there has not yet been one. Now that I understand, I am not as disappointed in the incompleteness of this storyline.

Not one to leave a series unfinished I will continue on, but I am confused. Once source claims that the next book in the series is called Angel, but another source calls it Miles to Go. Off to do some research to see what the exact title is. However, I am sure that with either title, I will get a better understand of who exactly Alan Christofferson is and who he will become.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Will give this a miss, as Evans is one of my least favorite authors. I enjoyed reading your review though, Nancy!

Unknown said...

Glad you could enjoy this twice.
Mike

DuhBearsFan said...

So, it ends in media res. Oooh. I'd find that frustrating. But you've crafted a well written review.

KarenJoan said...

Thanks for the warning.