Sunday, January 2, 2011

No Book Challenges

Ever since the realization hit that I am not very good with book challenges I am officially done with them. No more remembering to post on the challenge website, no more lists of what should be and what needs to be. No more worries of which book to read so it will fit snugly into a certain challenge.

No more.

I am entering into my year of selfish reading. I will read what I want, when I want and if the book is not a good match within the first 10% I will toss it. If the writer is not doing their job in entertaining me, then I am not going to waste my time.

This is a big step a big big step.

My bookshelves are now packed with books that I want to read, the library has an ever growing supply of new releases and I also am vowing to "not buy any new books this year". If PBS doesn't have it and the library doesn't have it, than I don't need it.

Some days I find strength in the strangest places and today is one of those days.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I think this is a great plan for 2011. Sometimes the reading challenges can get overwhelming. I love lists though, so they work for me. However, I do admit to not posting on the challenge blogs much. lol