Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Nest Isn’t Empty, It Just Has More Closet Space

Lisa Scottoline makes me laugh. Not her Rosato and Associates series, that is just plain good, but her collection of columns that she writes for the Philadelphia Inquirer. Be it mothers, daughters or dogs to the most delicate issue of personal pruning, Lisa and her daughter Francesca will have you laughing and amazed at how a self examined life is never dull.

This is the second book of articles after Why My Third Husband Will Be a Dog. These two women can take the everyday life of very funny women and have the rest of us nodding and guffawing along with them in constant amazement of how amusing our lives can be.

Pick up these books, they don’t have to be read all at once, each column is unique and just enough of a tidbit to keep you laughing or thinking for the day. And once you devour these books, go to her website for a look at her new column for the week.

5 comments:

Taminator said...

Good review!

Anonymous said...

I like Scottoline, and didn't realize she writes a column too. Must check it out. Thanks, N!

Unknown said...

I enjoy Scottoline's mysteries but never knew about her column. Thanks for enlightening me.
Mike

Marcia said...

I thoroughly enjoyed this collection of essays, too. The essays including references to library experiences and memories were especially good. Just signed up for the RSS feed of her Philadelphia Inquirer column. I don't read her books but do like these columns!

Ann Summerville said...

Thanks for the info about the column. I haven't read any of her books but did see her on a Murder by the Book series. She's very likable.
Ann