Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ghouls Ghouls Ghouls

For goodness sake, give Gilley a Scooby Snack and call it a day.

I really had high hopes for this book since Victoria Laurie seemed to have broken away from the Scooby Doo feel with her last book Ghouls Gone Wild. But I got my hopes up too soon. This book was little more than Scooby-Doo and the Haunted Castle. Unfortunately, we have all seen this episode before.

When Daphne, oops I mean MJ Holidays is called out to investigate a haunted castle in Ireland as part of a new episode of her Ghoul Getters show she brings her friends, including the recurring Gilley, a character that will forever be burned into my mind as Shaggy.

Not only are they expected to find a supposed treasure, but there is a phantom that blocks their way. Not just any phantom, this is an imported phantom that was brought to this location in a medallion that has somehow lost its stopper. Now think I Dream of Jeannie – phantom style. It is up to MJ and her intuitive abilities to track down the gold, send the phantom back to the medallion, find a missing producer, trap a kidnapper and last but not least find enough food so Gilley will stop whining.

Sounds like a taunting ordeal, but hey, we have all seen this show before, sometime back in the 70’s when we were sitting in our beanbag chairs drinking Ovaltine.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Bummer! I'm so sorry you didn't enjoy this one. For some reason Gilley didn't bother me in this one.

stepfordmomto2@yahoo.com said...

Not even his incessant hunger? I was ready to Fed Ex him some burgers. Glad you liked the book. Just not the right match for me.

Now I am just waiting to get slammed over at Amazon.

Anonymous said...

I can see your point! Too bad.....

Unknown said...

His hunger didn't bother me because I eat a lot..and constantly. To the point that when we are on vacation my husband gets really annoyed because I'm constantly hungry and eating (good thing I bring my own snacks). Since I've upped my workouts it's gotten even worse. lol! I can see how it would bother others though, I hadn't even thought about that till now.