Sunday, March 1, 2009

Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley


Agatha Raisin and the Walkers of Dembley

MC Beaton

4 out of 5


The further this series goes, the more I am enjoying it.

Agatha Raisin has spent the last six months back in London and away from her beloved Cotswold village. No sooner is she home but there is a murder for her to solve. Ever eager to be of any help when there is a mysterious death involved, Agatha and her nosey pushy ways jump right on in.

Posing as husband and wife with her hottie neighbor James Lacey, Agatha sets out to find the murderer of Jessica Tartinck, a local hiker who has angered local landowners by insisting that her walking club has the right to cross through their fields.

Agatha gets to live out a secret wish that might not just be wishful thinking after all. These are quite endearing little books that keep the cozy genre quite cozy. Bundle up and enjoy.

3 comments:

Beth F said...

I think it gets better, too. I think I'm only one book ahead of you in this series. I should get back to it.

Teddy Rose said...

Wonderful review Nancy! Thought not my cuppa java.

Linda in New York said...

What a great little series this is, and from your review I guess I'd better catch up with it. Great!