Friday, December 26, 2008

Made from Scratch


Made from Scratch: Discovering the Pleasures of a Handmade Life

Jenna Woginrich

4 out of 5


I picked up this book for a quick little chapter read to see if I would be interested and didn’t put it down until I had read the whole book. Very much in the same vein as Animal, Vegetable, Miracle but without all the peachiness.

Woganrich takes you through her experiences in homesteading and living a simpler life. Each chapter begins with her discussing her adventures, successes, and failures then ends up with mentoring tips. All the stuff you are looking for without all the hours of research.

The chapters can be taken or dismissed depending on your wish to undertake this particular part of your own adventure into homesteading, but I did have to laugh when I came to the one on Dogs as Work Animals. I own Pugs and there is not a single working gene amongst them so that part just won’t work for me.

The other chapters on Bees and Chickens are quite interesting and it’s quite refreshing to read an author in this field that will actually discuss their failures and mentor you to your own successes

Great book and going to her website you can see what she has been up to in the year since. www.coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com

No comments: