Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Vase of Mistaken Identity


A Vase of Mistaken Identity

Cathy Elliott

3 out of 5

If I would have known my publishing houses, I would have realized earlier that this is a Christian Fiction murder mystery. The book implies that it would be a cozy, with the mention of quilts, cats and tea, but I really didn’t get that feel from the book.

Thea James owns an Antique shop in a small town and when the local homeless man brings in a valuable Roseville vase with a list of women’s names on it Thea is curious, but when two of the women are either injured or missing, Thea’s investigation skills kick into full gear.

The story is quite slow moving and is centered around Thea rediscovering her faith and finding a new man then in actually moving the mystery forward. The ending seems abrupt and convoluted. Didn’t really appeal to me.

No comments: