Saturday, August 13, 2016

Damn Delicious: 100 Super Easy, Super Fast Recipes

Title: Damn Delicious: 100 Super Easy, Super Fast Recipes
Author: Chungah Rhee
Expected Publication: September 6th 2016 by Oxmoor House
Format: Softcover, 240 pages
Genre: Cooking
Source: My thanks to Netgalley and Time, Inc Books for an opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book.
I have been a fan of Chungah Rhee’s blog postings for a couple years now and when I saw that she was putting her tried and true, plus a couple of new, recipes in a cookbook, I was eager to get my fingers on a copy and see both new recipes and her amazing photography. To be honest, I am not sure if all the photos in the book are hers, some are familiar, but I do know that what she has been showing on her blog are delicious to look at. One of the best things in this cookbook – each recipe is accompanied with a photo of what it will look like. That is a feature which is missing in so many other books and one that I look for specifically.

From her smarter shopping strategies, solutions and shortcuts to recipe keys to simple tips, her quick low fuss budget friendly recipes are simple enough that even a beginning cook or college student can quickly and easily have dinner on the table in no time.

Recipes cover breakfast, one-pot meals, better than takeout adaptations, salads, slow cooker, pasta, quick meat and fish suppers, foil wrapped for either the oven or BBQ, appetizers and sides, drinks and desserts – who could resist trying a 6 minute cookie in a mug made in a microwave oven.

Some of the food combinations might seem a bit strange, but give them a chance, Chungah Rhee will really surprise you with her creative use of ingredients that can be easily found in any supermarket. She also includes recipes that use leftovers, which is always a benefit.

Each recipe includes calorie and nutritional information. Plus, there is a page in the back with measurement equivalents and even metric conversations.

I am so glad that she included the Asian Garlic Noodles, this is one of my all-time favorite recipes that finds its way to my table a couple of times a month and do not turn your nose up at the Avocado Pasta, it might look strange, but it is delicious.

I have never had a failure with her blog recipes and with many of them here, I am sure that the new additions will be just as amazing and I for one am looking forward to a couple more additional to my weekly dinner repertoire.

No comments: