Thursday, September 30, 2021

Blade in the Water

Title: Blade in the Water
Author: Neil Richards, Matthew Costello
Published: September 25th 2014 by Bastei Entertainment
Format: Kindle, 110 pages
Genre: SCherringham #11

First Sentence: Ray Stroud walked carefully down the white line in the centre of the road that led to Cherringham Bridge

From the Publisher: It's just days before the Cherringham Regatta - an annual event that draws luxury yachts from across the country, as well as the local boat crowd, all looking to party on the river. But it's no party when boats are vandalized, and a wealthy executive turns up missing, with his blood on the deck. As the Regatta date looms, Jack and Sarah discover that what's happening on the water looks less like vandalism and more like murder. (GoodReads)

My Opinion: I had a hard time with this vignette. The Cherringham storylines usually hold my attention from start to finish, but for some reason, I could not stay focused or care about any of the characters. A week after I had finished, I had a hard time remembering the characters or the plot.

Yet since others enjoyed it so well, I am going to take this as a one-off and continue with my enjoyment of the series.

No comments: