Tuesday, July 26, 2016

The Witnesses

Title: The Witnesses
Author: James Patterson and Brendan DuBois
Published: July 19th 2016 by BookShots
Format: eBook, print length 136 pages
Genre: Suspense

I might be in the minority, but I like the idea of Bookshots. Sometimes you just want something that is short and to the point without too much fluff or wild tangents that so many authors fall into so they can fill pages.

Patterson and DuBois keep you guessing throughout this book. Three of the four family members, that are on the run, have reason to have a hit squad after them, but whom is the actually target is not reveled until the end. There are a couple of moments where I found myself saying, “wait a minute, why did that just happen, shouldn’t that be different”, but in the abrupt end, it all made perfect sense.

There was too much of a neat bow for my liking, but I understand why it happened that way. Maybe there is future potential for a full length novel with the Sanderson family, but we will have to wait and see. Then again, I wonder if this is yet another marketing plan for the industrious James Patterson to test drive future writing partners.

As a heads up, the last twenty percent of this book revolves around new and upcoming releases.

No comments: