Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Last Goodbye

Title: The Last Goodbye
Author: J A Jance
Expected Publication: November 24th 2014 by Pocket Star
Format: eBook
Genre: Fiction
Source: NetGalley
Series: Ali Reynolds #9.5

I need to get past my dislike for half books and just accept the fact that author’s think that they are necessary. Unfortunately, this is still a work in progress for me and when it comes to The Last Goodbye by JA Jance, I am still at a loss and scratching my head. What did this book prove? What did it add to the overall series? Very little as far as I am concerned.

The first 20% rehashes her last book and reintroduces characters, which if the reader has been following the series, already know.

The next 70% briefly touches on flying to Las Vegas, Ali and B’s wedding, Christmas and trying to track down the owner of a dog that Ali’s grandson has brought up to their hotel suite the day before the wedding is to take place.

I am not sure if others will be as bothered by where the title came from, but that is so not what I was expecting from a series that usually has a twist and a really bad guy.

Oh, and the last 10% are acknowledgements.

Other than knowing that Ali and B are married, there is no reason for this book.

No comments: