Monday, June 16, 2014

Dead Ever After

Title: Dead Ever After
Author: Charlaine Harris
Published: May 7th, 2013 by Ace
Format: Hardcover; Pgs 338
Genre: Paranormal Suspense
Series: Sookie Stackhouse #13

I may be in the minority, but I did like how this series ended. I enjoyed how Charlaine Harris brought together many characters from the previous books and ended the series in as close to a happily ever after as Sookie could hope for.

Throughout the previous twelve books, Sookie has made her fair share of enemies so when a couple of them team up to frame her of murder, and later abduct her to get rid of her once and for all, her true friends come to her aid and hopefully the wild ride that is Sookie’s life can find some peace.

My favorite characters have made a reappearance in this book – Sookie’s demon godfather, Desmond Cataliades and his niece Diantha, “Barry the Bellboy”, Amelia, Bob, and Quinn. I wish Hunter could have been featured, but he really would not have fit into this storyline.

Eric is bound in marriage to Freyda for two hundred years, but in his deal, he has negotiated that no vampire will bring harm to Sookie. This is definitely a reprieve that she could use and in a surprising turn of events, she rescinds his invitation to her home.

Both Eric and Bill are out of the picture so that leave just one person for Sookie. When I first started this series, this is the person that I hoped she would end up with and I guess the author picked up on my vibes, because as I had said, Sookie received her happily ever after. Plus there seems to be a win fall of money and she will be able to fix up her grandmother’s home and get back to work at Merlotte’s.

I am going to miss this series; it was my go to when I wanted humor and wacky. I became invested in Sookie’s life and what she had to deal with to help her friends. After a while, it stopped being about her psychic “disability” and more about helping friends. They all might have been supernatural, of one type or another, but they were friends, even Pam – who had some of the funniest lines throughout this whole series.

No comments: