Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Stealing Home (Sweet Magnolia’s Series #1)

I will be the first to admit that romances aren’t my usual forte. I have always found them to be silly and repetitive, but for some reason, this book hit me just right, even though it all ends happily ever after with a dashing man riding into save the day. Does life really work out that way?

No, I did not spoil the ending, all books in this genre end the same way.

After the sudden breakup of her twentyish year marriage to her high school sweetheart and local pediatrician, Maddie Townsend find herself with no job skills and three children that need food on the table and a roof over their heads. Though no job prospects, she does have friends, and in a small town like Serenity, South Carolina, friends are what help you through this situation, even if it is their suggestion to open a spa and to date your son’s baseball coach that is ten years younger and a whole lot more interesting then he should be.

This is the first in the new Sweet Magnolia Series by Sherryl Woods, and though, as I said before, romance isn’t my usual, Ms Woods has developed funny character’s that find a way to get a job done even if there is a man to ride in and save the day. I guess that is what some look for in their reading, but for those of us who have never seen a white steed, that seems a bit far-fetched.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I haven't been much of a romance reader either, but noticed that lately I've been reading more and enjoying them. This is one author I keep thinking of trying..so maybe I'll give this one a try.