Wednesday, October 10, 2007

#61 The Accidental Mother

#61
The Accidental Mother
Rowan Coleman
2006
392
Chick Lit
4 out of 5
S&S Review I’m not a fan of Oprah-esque finding your true self kind of books so this one took me off guard when I actually enjoyed it. Sophie is a 20 something year old woman with the job and apartment of her dream, when she finds that her once best friend Carrie has died and her pact to care for Carrie’s two young daughters is now a reality. This just isn't part of Sophie’s well ordered life so the first thing to do is find the father of these two lovable terrors. In walks the quite handsome Louis who Carrie once described as "making her pants fizzy” and the unequipped sudden mother now must put this family back together, but which pieces go where and which pieces need to be chucked. This funny heartbreaking book makes you laugh and cry and in the end you are cheering on an ending that in a way I didn’t see coming. I would have chucked the wrong pieces. I highly recommend this book to those that love a fairy tale.

No comments: