Thursday, August 4, 2022

The Song Never Dies

Title: The Song Never Dies
Author: Matthew Costello, Neil Richards
Published: November 16th 2015 by Bastei Entertainment
Format: Kindle, 123 Pages
Genre: Amateur Sleuth
Series: Cherringhame #22

First Sentence: Lauren Dumford checked her makeup in the passenger mirror one last time.

Blurb: When Alex King, leader of legendary 90s rock group Lizard, hosts a party to get the band back together, old grudges surface. At dawn Alex is found floating in the pool of his Cherringham mansion.

To the police it's a drug-fueled accident. But when Jack and Sarah get involved, they quickly discover that while a song may never die - the person, who wrote it, might have been murdered.

My Opinion: I’m not sure why I didn’t connect with The Song Never Dies, but there was a part of me that couldn’t wait for it to be over. Other than Jack and Sarah, the characters did not appeal to me. The narrative was tedious, and by the conclusion, I did not care who was responsible for the death or the reason behind it.

No comments: