Thursday, October 1, 2020

One for the Books

Title: One for the Books
Author: Jenn McKinlay
Published: September 1st 2020 by Berkley
Format: eBook, Hardcover 320 Pages
Genre: Cozy Mystery
Series: Library Lover's Mystery #11

To say that I was disappointed in this book is an understatement.

As the build-up to Briar Creek’s wedding of the year, librarian Lindsey Norris and boat captain Sully Sullivan are in a mad dash to fix broken arrangements, resulting from a mix up with the guest list. All the while still working their day jobs and attending a holiday party. Good thing they have friends to step in to take over while Lindsey and Sully are trying to find a replacement officiant since Sully’s long-time friend, who was to perform the ceremony, has been found dead and no one else in town is available.

Other than the possible suspects in the murder are friends of the bride and groom; I am still not sure why they had to go out of their way to solve the murder, complete with a James Bond type of boat chase before they could be married. Yet that is just one of the many things which seemed out of place with this book.

The last few books of this series have been off for me, and if it wasn’t for the fact that I have invested in the series from the beginning, and I hold out hope for them to get better, I don’t know why I continue to read them.

No comments: