Monday, January 27, 2020

ME

Title: ME
Author: Elton John
Published: October 15th 2019 by Macmillan
Format: Hardcover, 352 pages
Genre: Memoir

Granted, Elton John defined an era but I came away from this book disappointed and still not sure who it was really written by. This book reads as if Elton John has no redeeming qualities and is nothing more than a self-obsessed narcissist destined to destroy his life and only became the legend he is by happenstance. I am not saying this isn’t a possibility, but it could have been tempered a bit.

I, I, I, I, I, is basically what this book is. Where are the revelations about his work with foundations and how he helped to get the recognition out there for people and place which needed a nod from powerful people to continue good works?

One of the things I found most unsettling was his gushing over the birth of his first son and then barely a mention of his second. What was that all about Elton? You do realize Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John will one day read this book and wonder why he was relegated to “and the spare” status.

No comments: