Monday, July 2, 2018

I See Life Through Rosé-Colored Glasses

Title: I See Life Through Rosé-Colored Glasses
Author: Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella
Expected Publication: July 10th 2018 by St. Martin's Press
Format: eBook, Hardcover, 352 pages
Genre: Essays
Source: My thanks to Netgalley and the Publisher for an opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book.
Series: The Amazing Adventures of an Ordinary Woman #9

Every summer, I look forward to the newest episode of the Lisa and Francesca family saga. Each year, as this mother-daughter writing team releases their Chick Wit column in book form, I cannot wait to sit down with them to share in their laughter and to realize, no matter whom you are, the good and the bad in life finds us all.

In the past, I would listen to their most recent book while driving my daughter back to college or when I wandered on a journey to visit. This year, with her off on her own adventures, I look at their stories with a different eye. An eye of a mother with an adult child and realizing, though our stories are different, we each have those things that make us laugh, cry, confront tough decision, and realize no matter what Francesca says, the dating years, though trying, were also a lot of fun.

Maybe it is an age thing, but Lisa’s stories resonate with me. Aging is not easy, but the lessons from our past are what get us to our future. You have to face each day with humor or you will not make it. As Lisa said, her job is to make us laugh and that is what she did in this book. A moment or two of great aloud guffawing in an otherwise quiet place, may turn heads, but what is life without laughter and listening to the stories of two women whom have turned into friends.

No comments: