Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Welcome to Serenity

Title: Welcome to Serenity
Author: Sherryl Woods
Published: December 1st 2008 by Mira Books
Format: Paperback, 408 pages
Genre: Romance
Series: The Sweet Magnolia's #4

I am still not sure how I feel about this book. For me, the ending was empty with no true conclusion.

Jeanette Brioche, the esthetician at the Corner Spa in Serenity, South Carolina, has her life in order. She loves her friends and their families but she is missing something in her life. In walks Tom McDonald, the new town manager. Theirs is a rock start and it gets bumpier when she realizes that his mother is the woman that ran her out of the last spa that she worked at.

As the holiday season is quickly approaching, they are both active on the committee organizing the annual Christmas festival. There is an attraction and with Tom trying to work out his growing interest in Jeanette with her need for independence and his mother’s need for him to move back home and take his rightful place in Charleston society, things get bumpy before they find their way.

As I said, the ending was empty for me. What did Jeanette actually agree to? Is she going to give up her own dreams and stability so Tom can pursue his own? Not sure where I stand with this book since I have enjoyed, to a point, the previous books. I enjoy the women of Serenity, I just wish that there was some reality before the happily ever after endings.

No comments: