Tuesday, July 11, 2017

I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool

Title: I Need a Lifeguard Everywhere But the Pool
Author: Lisa Scottoline and Francesca Serritella
Published: July 11th 2017 by St. Martin's Press
Format: eBook, Hardcover, 320 pages
Genre: Humorous Essays
Source: My thanks to Netgalley and the Publisher for an opportunity to read an advanced copy of this book.

Every summer I look forward to the publication of their essays, but this time, it is bittersweet. In previous years, I would pop the audio into the car and listen as I took my daughter to check out colleges or to drop her off for the upcoming semester. She has now graduated and our mother daughter time listening to this mother daughter team has come to an end.

Now I am not going to get weepy over life changes, I have been doing that for the last couple of months, what I am going to do is celebrate that I have wonderful memories and as each new compilation comes out, I will remember our trips.

Each year Lisa’s essays talk to me in a different way, sorry Francesca, but your essays make me glad that I am not thirty anymore. Even though Lisa does comment on the aches and pains of aging, I would not trade them for the aches and pains of discovering who I am.

This is one of those books that you do not want to read in public, not that the cover would embarrass you, but because you will suddenly burst into uncontrollable laughter -- namely her essay on pot. That had me laughing so hard that I had to reread it again the next day to laugh some more.

Thank you ladies for a wonderfully enjoyable book and lasting memories.

No comments: