Friday, June 5, 2015

The Rememberers

Title: The Rememberers
Author: C. Edward Baldwin
Published: June 1st 2015 by Ink & Stone Publishing
Format: eBook, Paperback 350 pages
Genre: Paranormal Thriller
Source: My thanks to Netgalley and BookBuzz for an opportunity to read an advance copy of this book.

What started out as an interesting concept in the beginning turned stupid by the end. I do not know what C. Edward Baldwin was thinking, but you take a curious hypothesis about time being circular and not linear, churches coming together to work this out, terrorists that want to change outcomes, people that can remember prior cycles, Government agencies trying to get a handle on this and rogue operatives that are not who or what they seem, and you have the beginning of a very good thriller. Unfortunately, the author messed this up.

By the end, I could not wait for the book to be over, to find that one redeeming quality and I was still at a loss. Guess I should have used my own intuition and realized that when I began forcing myself to read I should have just put it away and never looked back.

Granted, there was a rainbows and unicorn moment, but it was so overly done it was laughable. The book was a complete waste of time and I suggest that you run away from it as quickly as possible.

No comments: