Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Decaffeinated Corpse



Decaffeinated Corpse



Cleo Coyle



4 out of 5

What’s unique about this cozy mystery is that the mystery doesn’t actually happen until the end of the book. You are first taken through the history and science of Coffee and there is also an interesting drive through New York beforehand, then Coyle throws in a body or two to keep Claire’s life interesting and then of course she must help her husband and his best friend clear their names. No wonder Matteo refers to her as a nose-hound.

True coffee aficionados would never drink decaffeinated, but when Matteo’s best friend Ric cultivates a new variety of naturally decaffeinated beans the world, and quite a few questionable people, are interested. What are the secrets behind these beans and why are people dying for it. Once again it’s up to Claire to find out what is going on; that is, when she isn’t trying to keep her daughter from dating a chef that is older then her father and keeping Detective Mike Quinn close enough to keep her warm.

I love this series. I’m usually a tea drinker, but when she gets talking about the aromas and the different subtleties in a brew I just can’t help myself and have to head to our little coffee house and have a cup. I look forward to the next book in the series.

Amazon Review: http://www.amazon.com/review/R1B4Z76W4BQZGK/ref=cm_cr_rdp_perm

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Even though I don't drink coffee I really enjoy this series and even all the info about coffee.

stepfordmomto2@yahoo.com said...

I'm reading French Pressed right now. I swear you can smell coffee as you are reading it.