Wednesday, December 26, 2007

#82 If I am Missing or Dead

#82
If I am Missing or Dead
Janine Latus
2007
307
Biography
2 out of 5
Library

Oh yeah, and my sister was murdered. This would have been a much better title to this self serving book. What is billed as one sister’s love for the other, of the death that involved fear and pain is really a repetition of the author’s horrible abusive relationships, of a father that is one step short of a rapist, of a woman who claims repeatedly that she is a feminist, but never stands up for herself. Who thinks all men what to have sex with her, that if only this abusive man will love me and I make his world perfect all will be well. Amy, the one the book is supposed to be about is mentioned only in passing until page 200 when the author finally gets around to saying she is missing; then 253 when she is presumably dead and then the book is over on page 307 where there is a call to donate to her sisters Courage Fund. Why was I lied to? Tell me that this is a woman's experience with domestic violence, tell me that it’s a woman’s struggle to overcome that violence, tell me that the experiences that the two sisters lived with their father caused them to become further victims. Trust me with the truth and not lie about the subject of the book.Amazon Review:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000WPPX50/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

No comments: